Bachelor of Commerce (Banking & Insurance) (B.B.I.)
The process of liberalization, privatization, technological advancement and globalization has a direct impact on the operating overall financial system made up of Banking, Insurance and all other financial services. What is generally taught today in B. Com. Degree is mostly theoretical. Bachelor of commerce - Banking and Insurance (BBI), therefore, gives a greater in-depth knowledge of different aspects of Banking, insurance and other financial services and thorough understanding of the practical application of theory.
After exhaustive discussions a blueprint of the outline of the course was developed in January 2002, with about 36 modules spread over 3 years of 2 semesters each. The objectives of the degree are:
- To create for the students an additional avenue of self-employment and also to benefit banks, insurance companies and industries by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of banking and insurance.
- To prepare students to exploit opportunities, being newly created in the field of banking and insurance due to globalization, privatization and liberalization.
- To provide adequate basic understanding about the banking, insurance and other financial services among the students.
- To give an adequate exposure to the operational environment in the field of banking and insurance and other related financial services.
- To inculcate training and practical approach amongst the students by using modern technologies in the field of banking and insurance.
ACTION PLAN OF BBI
BBI students are trained to create and learn the art of presentations especially related to banking and insurance field. Industrial visits include visits to banks and insurance firms to make the students understand the practical aspects. Internships are encouraged to prepare them for future job prospects.